The first School at Aber, then named Craigrhiwglyn Board School, was built by Miss S. A. Blandy in 1872 using her own money, though as a Colliery tied School, the miners of Aber Collieries contibuted 2d in the £ from their earnings to help fund the School. Miss Blandy paid £300-£400 to have the school built and the foundation stone was laid by Miss Blandy on August 8th 1872. She was presented with a silver trowel and mallet by Mr David Vaughan, of Aber House, agent of Aber Collieries who was also head of the management committee. The School was taken over on the formtion of the Llandyfodwg School Board when Mrs Blandy-Jenkins was re-paid the money she had spent building the school. The last chairman of the Management Committee was Mr William Lewis of No.1 High Street, Ogmore Vale. In 1909 the infants School was built and in 1912 a Girls School was added. In 1952 the Boys School was closed, later becoming a youth centre until the building was demolished in 2004 and houses built on the site. The infants and Girls Schools continued to be used until the brand new Ogmore Vale Primary School was opened in September 2003.
|William Thomas||Craigrhiwglyn||1872||??||Resigned to act as Publishers Agent||Mr David Vaughan 1922|
|James Jones||Craigrhiwglyn||??||??||There were two Schools on Craigrhiwglyn Site||School Admission Register|
|William Peasant||Craigrhiwglyn||??||31 Dec 1885||School Admission Register|
|William Lewis||Craigrhiwglyn||01 Jan 1886||31 May 1895||School Admission Register|
|Daffyd Ceredig Williams||Craigrhiwglyn, Aber Boys||01 Jun 1895||31-Mar-30||Rebuilt School (Foundation Stone laid by Miss Blandy-Jenkins in 1876), named “Aber” c.1900||School Admission Register|
|William Jones||Aber Boys||01-Apr-30||??||Aelfryn Evans|
|David John Harris||Aber Boys||??||1952||Transferred to Tynewydd Boys (Caedu) when Aber Boys closed in 1952||Aelfryn Evans|