Ogmore Higher Elementary School was built in 1910 at a cost of £8,000 and could accommodate 250 pupils. In 1922 the name was changed to Ogmore Secondary School and again in 1948 to Ogmore Grammar School. In 1972 on the introduction of the Comprehensive system in the UK, the school was run on a split site, with the old Grammar school run as the “Ogmore Comprehensive Upper School” and Nantymoel Park School becoming the “Ogmore Comprehensive Lower School”. In 1979 the old Grammar School became the “Ogmore Comprehensive Lower School”. The old Nantymoel Park School became Nantymoel Primary School. The old Grammar School Site closed in 1985 and was demolished in 1995. The site is now used for housing. Nantymoel Park School is still used (2020) as Nantymoel Primary School
|J. Davies Brown M.A.||Higher Elementary School||14th Sep 1910||3rd Sep 1919||The new school cost £8,000 and could accommodate 250 pupils.|
First teachers: Lillian Armitage B.A., Lilian M. Davies B.A., Thomas Jacob Jones B.A., Thomas Samuel B.Sc., Miss E.M. Williams
|Mr T. Samuel||Higher Elementary School||4th Sep 1919||8th Sep 1919||Mr J. Davies-Brown successful in his application to Birmingham Education Authority|
|Mr Charles Davies B.Sc.||Higher Elementary School||9th Sep 1919||18th Sep 1919||Moved over from Fronwen as Senior Master|
|Thomas Jacob Jones, M.A., M.C.||Higher Elementary School||19th Sep 1919||20th Oct 1919||Thomas Jacob Jones temporarily in charge as Senior Master|
pending appointment of new Head
|Thomas Jacob Jones, M.A., M.C.||Higher Elementary School||21st Oct 1919||01st Jan 1921||Thomas Jacob Jones officially appointed new Haed. He is invested with Military Cross at Buckingham Palace on 31 Mar 1920.|
|Thomas Jacob Jones, M.A., M.C.||Ogmore Secondary School||01st Jan 1921||30th Apr 1948|
|Austen M. Lewis||Ogmore Secondary School||30th Apr 1948||01st Sep 1948|
|01-Sep-48||1954||08 Jul 1949, War Memorial & Roll of Honour unveiled.|
|Ogmore Grammar School||1954||1954|
|Ezra Plummer||Ogmore Grammar School||1954||1961|
|W. J. Price||Ogmore Grammar School||1961||1972||1972 saw the introduction of Comprehensive Education at|
Secondary level. Ogmore Grammar School became the Upper Comprehensive and Nantymoel Park School the Lower Comprehensive, until the new School was built at Brynmenyn.
|W. J. Price||Ogmore Comprehensive (Upper) School||1972||1977||On 31st Mar 1977 the new Comprehensive School at Spout Hill,|
Brynmenyn was officially opened and became the ogmore Comprehensive Upper School.
|W. J. Price||Ogmore Comprehensive (Upper) School||1977||Jul-79||In 1982, all pupils in the Lower Comprehensive moved to the old Grammar School site in Fairy Glen, whilst the Upper Comprehensive moved to the new school in Bryncethin.|
|P. Manley||Ogmore Comprehensive (Lower) School and (Upper) School||01-Sep-79||01-Feb-92||After 1985 both upper and Lower schools were re-united in the|
new school site at Bryncethin.
|16-Oct-91||31-Aug-92||Acting Head 16 Oct 1991 to 31 Aug 1992|
Sandra F. Davies M.B.E.
|Ogmore Comprehensive School||01-Sep-92||31-Aug-03|
|Nicholas Oaten||Ogmore Comprehensive School||01-Sep-03||19-Apr-09||Left to join King Henry VIII Comprehensive School in Abergavenny due to uncertainty in regards to potential merger with Ynysawdre School|
|Sue Halliwell||Ogmore Comprehensive School||20-Apr-09||01-Nov-09||Acting Head – Sue left at half term to take up a post at Estyn|
|Gwyn P. Davies||Ogmore Comprehensive School||02-Nov-09||Jul-11||Acting Head|
|Andrew Warren||Valleys Gateway School (as named by BCBC until new build|
|Andrew Warren||Coleg Cymunedol y Dderwen||Sep-11|