John Brogden and Sons opened Wyndham Colliery in the Ogmore Valley in 1865, but the colliery was soon bought by Colonel North and became part of North’s Navigation Company. It was sold to the Cory Brothers in 1906 and later Powell Duffryn before nationalisation in 1947. In 1887 the nearby Western Colliery was sunk by the Ocean Coal Company. The two collieries were linked In 1965 after deepening of the shafts and merged to become Wyndham/Western Colliery. The colliery closed in January 1984.
|Bradshaw||Kenneth||39||12th Feb 1976|
|Davies||James||55||15th Jul 1970|
|Smith||Albert||46||12th Feb 1976|
|Taylor||Oswald||55||17th Jan 1969|
|Thomas||Clive||21||16th Dec 1979|
|Thomas||Len. Edwin||63||5th Apr 1972|